If your first language is not English, you may have to prove proficiency in English before admission. See our English Proficiency page for details.
General Requirements for all Programs
West African Examination Council (WAEC) Senior School Certificate is required for admission to all programs. If you have completed more than 18 credit units of transferable credit units from an accredited post-secondary institution, your admission will be based on your postsecondary studies.
You may apply for admission in the year you will graduate if you submit your transcript from the previous year and a list of courses you are currently completing. Conditional admission may be granted in these circumstances.
The University of Saskatchewan considers courses from accredited institutions around the world for transfer credit. Generally, credit is awarded on a course-by-course basis for courses equivalent to those taught at the University of Saskatchewan. When you apply for admission we will review all education history for admission and transfer credit. Your year of study and program requirements are determined by each college.
WAEC Results Submission Procedures
With your permission and required information, our office can access the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) website to confirm your results (from 1992). Scratch card outlets can be found at www.waecdirect.org/megadealers.htm. Please email us with the following information to email@example.com:
- Student Number (University of Saskatchewan – if known)
- 10-digit WAEC Examination Number (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Examination Year (month/year)
- Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- 10-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Your permission to look at your file
In addition to the general requirement, you must present required subjects and have achieved a competitive average for your college of choice.
A 5-subject admission average is calculated for each applicant based on the following criteria:
- English Literature or English Language
Plus a combination of:
- Maximum 2 humanities or social science subjects
- Maximum 2 natural science subjects
- Maximum 1 fine arts subject
|College||Required Subjects||Competitive Average Requirements|
- You may be admitted to some programs with a deficiency. Agricultural science and Business subjects are not acceptable for admission.
- The competitive averages should be used as a guideline, and do not guarantee admission
The University of Saskatchewan reserves the right to make changes to admissions policies without notice.