Any Canadian university which is a member of the Universities Canada is considered to be an accredited institution, and we will consider courses from these universities for possible transfer credit.
- Credit may be awarded for certificate and diploma programs (including CEGEP) at provincial colleges and technical institutes.
- The following professional and vocational qualifications may carry credit for certain programs: CMA, CGA, Teacher Certification, Journeyperson Certificates and RN qualifications.
- No credit is granted for study at private vocational colleges.
- Courses taken at a bible college which is a member of Universities Canada or holds regional accreditation in the US are granted the same recognition as courses from any other accredited institution. Courses taken at bible colleges accredited through ABHE (Association for Biblical Higher Education), or ATS (The Association of Theological Schools) may be eligible for some credit.
- Courses in church education, church administration, ministry, pastoral studies, or courses intended to promote a particular doctrinal or denominational allegiance are not recognized for transfer credit.
- Degrees awarded by bible colleges are not recognized for admission purposes for programs requiring a degree for admission. Degrees awarded by bible colleges are recognized for admission purposes only if accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS) or Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools (AARTS).
College course work taken at a US college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency (for example, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools) will be considered for transfer credit.
Post-secondary study completed at an institution outside of Canada and the United States must be recognized by the country’s ministry in charge of higher education or the official regulating body to be considered for transfer credit. Contact International Admissions if you have questions about the accreditation of your institution.
Was this page helpful?
What could make this page better?
If you have any questions that weren't answered by our website, contact us.