uSask at a Glance
Established in 1907, the University of Saskatchewan has a long history of excellence. We are a member of the U15 group of Canada's top research universities, offering unique facilities such as the Canadian Light Source, Canada's only synchrotron, VIDO-Intervac, one of the world's most advanced containment level 3 vaccine research and teaching facilities, and the Global Institute for Water Security.
Our graduates are known for their work ethic, resourceful nature and determination and will continue to build on our history of success to address the world's challenges now and in the future.
uSask by the numbers
- 20,000+ students from 100+ countries
- 140,000+ alumni living worldwide
- 13 colleges, four graduate schools and six affiliated or federated colleges
- 15 Huskie Athletics teams and 120+ athletic championships
Some of our notable alumni include:
- 1 former Prime Minister of Canada
- 1 Nobel laureate
- 1 Academy Award winner
- 1 band on the cover of Rolling Stone
- 3 Justices of the Supreme Court of Canada
- 4 Governor General's Literary Award winners
- 10 provincial and territorial premiers (two currently serving)
- 280+ Order of Canada recipients
Was this page helpful?
What could make this page better?
If you have any questions that weren't answered by our website, contact us.