We have country specific admission information for many nations:

Select a country:

English Language Proficiency

If your first language is not English, you may need to provide proof of English proficiency.

Questions? AskUs!

Visit our facebook page to ask questions about university.

International Students

Applicants for 2017-18 who are citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen are encouraged to contact us at admissions@usask.ca for application support.

5 reasons international students choose uSask

1. Our beautiful location

We are located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in the heart of Canada. Canada is a diverse and multicultural nation. Last year alone, over 320,000 immigrants became Canadian citizens. uSask attracts students from over 100 countries worldwide.

Our historic campus dates back to 1907 and is recognized as one of the most beautiful in Canada, with plenty of green space, stately greystone buildings and tree-lined walkways. Better yet, our campus only gets better with a dusting of snow.

Immigration - Learn how to obtain immigration documents you will need to study in Canada.

2. Our diverse areas of study and research opportunities

Our programs - As a top-tier, research-intensive university, uSask offers the most comprehensive range of human health and life science programs on one campus. Our programs include animal and plant sciences, engineering, nursing, medicine, pharmacy and nutrition, dentistry, physical therapy, veterinary medicine, kinesiology and more.

uSask is a thriving place for teaching and research at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Our student to faculty ratio is 16 to one, and one in four students take part in an undergraduate research experience during their degree (with one in 10 students taking part in their first year). 

We offer over 100 programs for you to explore.

Explore our Programs

Admission - It’s easy to apply. View country-specific admission requirements and our English proficiency requirements


3.Our student support

uSask is here to support your transition to university in Canada. Our International Student and Study Abroad Centre have staff to help you make a smooth transition, with intercultural learning opportunities and one-on-one support. Student Learning Services can help you make the most of your academic experience at uSask, with free services like writing and math help.

4. Our scholarships for international students

International students are eligible for many university-wide award competitions. In addition, there are a few opportunities exclusively for international students.

5. Our residence life

Enjoy the convenience of living in residence at uSask. It's not just a place to live, but a lively community of academic and peer support just steps away from your classes. Meet students from across the country and abroad, and make lasting friendships.

Each residence offers a study-oriented living environment, access to nutritious and delicious dining options and continuous academic and personal support to help contribute to your success.


View our photo gallery

Anna Luisa Tavares Neto

"I chose the U of S because it is a large enough university to have made a strong impact in the academic world, yet small enough to have a sense of community among its students and staff."

–  Anna Luisa Tavares Neto
Engineering Student, Brazil

Was this page helpful?

What could make this page better?

If you have any questions that weren't answered by our website, contact us.