Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards
At the U of S, we want to recognize your academic achievements and personal accomplishments! Start by learning more about the scholarships, bursaries and awards you may be eligible to receive.
You are considered an entering student if:
- you are a current high school (secondary) student who plans to come directly to the U of S, or
- you have graduated from high school (secondary) but have little or no previous post-secondary education (fewer than 18 transferable credit units).
All Entering Students
Valued up to $24,000
Apply for admission by December 1 and apply for scholarships by December 15
Valued from $500 to $24,000
Apply for admission by February 15 and apply for awards by March 1
Valued up to $3,000
You are automatically considered for a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship upon admission!
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme Students
- United World College Four-Year Scholarship
Value: up to $120,000
Apply for admission by February 15 and complete the online application for this award by March 1.
- United World College (UWC) Excellence Awards
Students completing the IB Diploma Programme at one of the United World Colleges will automatically be considered upon admission.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards
International students completing the IB Diploma Programme will automatically be considered upon admission.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme Excellence Awards
Canadian citizens and permanent residents completing the IB Diploma Programme will automatically be considered upon admission.
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards
International students will be considered automatically for these awards, which are based on academic achievement, upon admission
You are considered a transfer student if you have completed 18 transferable credit units or more at another post-secondary institution. To be eligible for a Transfer Scholarship, you must have completed a minimum of 24 transferable credits in the academic year preceding your transfer to the U of S.
Eligible transfer students will be considered for these awards automatically upon applying for admission to a direct-entry college.
You can also be considered for a variety of external awards, which are offered by agencies, governments, or other organizations outside the University of Saskatchewan.
Explore these resources to find out more about external awards and eligibility requirements.