off-campus site through a satellite campus or regional partner.
Construct new applications for the Internet. Design software for hand-held devices. Explore the possibilities of artificial intelligence. Boost your career options as an IT professional.
- B.Sc. Four-year
- B.Sc. Three-year
- B.Sc. Honours
- B.Sc. Honours SE - Software Engineering
- B.Sc. Double Honours
- Professional Internship Option
Admission requirements depend on your situation. Tell us about yourself:
Computer Science is the study and application of cutting-edge digital information technology. This technology is essential in fields as diverse as aeronautics, genetics, business and music. The tremendous growth of the computer industry has made it a dynamic and exciting field of study. Information technology inhabits almost every corner of human activity today, and our graduates are highly sought after by unique and wide-ranging technology companies around the world. Computer Science is the theoretical study and practical application of computation, and our comprehensive program covers everything from artificial intelligence and human-computer interaction to computational modelling and computer graphics. The transformative influences of digital communications are widely recognized in the many professions students will eventually pursue — whether business, publishing, the arts, journalism, education, the government or academia.
- The Department of Computer Science is a community of individuals who are excited about the dynamic discipline of Computer Science. They explore new ways in which computing can change the lives of people everywhere.
- The Department offers a well-rounded curriculum that delivers solid classroom instruction by excellent and approachable professors, offering laboratory experience in state-of-the-art facilities.
- The Computer Science Professional Internship Program allows undergraduate students to obtain 12 or 16 months of practical, "on-the-job" experience with a sponsoring company such as ESTI, IBM, SED Systems and zu just to name a few! This takes place prior to completing the final year of the undergraduate degree program.
- CMPT 317: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
A survey of Artificial Intelligence techniques and underlying theory. Topics include problem solving and planning, knowledge representation techniques, reasoning engines and expert systems, and a tour of various application areas of Artificial Intelligence including machine learning, natural language processing and high-level computer vision.
- CMPT 350: Web Programming
Focuses on the concepts, technologies and tools needed for the development of web-centric applications. Special emphasis will be given to client-server programming, scripting, integration of existing application and high-level networking issues, e.g., use of SOAP.
- CMPT 485.3: Computer Graphics and Animation
Advanced topics in computer graphics, concentrating on image formation and modelling issues. The implications of the data-driven approach to computer graphics. Simulation and non-parametric methods contrasted. The course will involve a project investigating and implementing some current algorithms from the literature.
- Software Developer
- System Administrator
- Web Design
- Game Design
- Business Systems Analyst
- Computer skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Organizational/Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Teamwork/Interpersonal skills
- Technical skills
Was this page helpful?
What could make this page better?
If you have any questions that weren't answered by our website, contact us.