Come get to know us and experience the U of S first-hand by attending one of our events on campus.
- Open House: Held annually in the fall, our Open House introduces you to the U of S. Explore our campus, learn about our programs, and find out how to become a U of S student.
- Get FocUSed: Get FocUSed is a new event designed to help applicants and admitted students learn about the next steps to prepare for post-secondary education. Held in early March, Get FocUSed is a way for you to "touch base" with the university and make sure you are on track to become a successful student in the fall.
- Graduation Powwow: The Graduation Powwow is a celebration that honours graduating Aboriginal students from the U of S and from high schools across Saskatchewan. Everyone is welcome; come experience this vibrant celebration of Aboriginal culture and student achievement.
Off-Campus and Online Events
You do not have to visit the U of S to get to know us. We travel around the world and offer online events for prospective students.
- Virtual Open House: Not able to attend an on-campus or community event? We host Virtual Open Houses online in the fall and spring, allowing you to explore our university and have your questions answered in real time from the comfort of your own home or school.
Check out these events once you have applied and been admitted to the U of S:
- Get FocUSed: After you have been admitted, you may be wondering, "What's next?". At Get FocUSed, which is held early in the spring, you can learn more about your program and future classes, speak to staff and students at the U of S and learn more about the next steps you will take toward becoming a university student.
- U-Start: U-Start registration workshops are free for all students and their parents and are held across Western Canada, in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. All new students are encouraged to attend a U-Start session to learn how to choose courses, build a schedule, and how to register for classes.
- Orientation: Orientation is your official welcome to the University of Saskatchewan community. Taking place just before classes begin, come to Orientation to meet other new and current students, to familiarize yourself with campus and to learn about student services, student groups and other ways that you can get involved.